Friday, February 22, 2008

Life is too short....

One morning when I was praying, I heard a strong but sweet voice in my heart telling me something, I went into deep meditation so as to receive exactly what the Lord was telling me.

Again, I heard a whisper telling me,"Life is too short, do not make it shorter, it is My want that you live life to the fullest".

This message kept on ringing in my mind. I stopped and thought it over and over. I came to realize that the Lord was telling me something to meditate on and to realize who I really am.

In my mind, I felt that in my life, I had done what I was supposed to do. As a person, I planned my works and worked what I planned. From my perspective, I had accomplished what was required, I did my uptmost to fulfill my plans. I knew, I did.

Still the message kept haunting me. What is the meaning of this message to me? What is living life to the fullest? I started looking back ,recalling where I came from. And in order for me to understand the meaning, I had to pray for guidance. I closed my eyes and I tried to visualize myself, who I was before.

To my amazement, I saw myself separated from God. I did it my way. I enjoyed life to the fullest in the sight of man but not in the sight of God. I enjoyed being approved of by man not by God. I was able to draw a graphic picture of my life from the age of reason until now.

I will be 63 years old this February 22. I counted every year when I was really with the Lord. I felt so sorry that when I counted the years that I was connected to my Creator; if I were to compute it as a percentage, it would show that even less than 20% of my life was dedicated and connected to my Creator. He said,..."it is My want that you live life to the fullest".

He said,"My want", not you must live life to the fullest. To me, the word I want is His way of giving me the freedom to choose how to live life. He is not forcing me to follow Him. He did not make me a slave to do what He wants me to. He just reminded me of His love for me and that He wanted me to be connected to Him so as to live life to the fullest.

This message made me vigilant in all my ways and actions. In my every action, I kept asking myself if I am pleasing my God, in my thoughts, words and deeds. And in the silence of my heart I prayed, "God, give me the joy to obey your will and give me the strength not to say no to you".

At one point, somebody came to me and said, "Sister, I believe that you have already a seat in heaven", I smiled at her and I said, "No sister, I owe God a lot, I am still paying may dues, and as to when I am done, He is the only one Who can say, I am done". I am still here, waiting for His instructions. Every time people would seek God through me, I am sure in my heart that I am not done yet.

No comments: