Monday, February 25, 2008

"I Am Looking

I was invited by a pastor in California to help him build faith in their church. It was a great opportunity for me to share in my own simple way the love of God. I shared the experiences I had with God, which I believe is one way of building faith, since faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of God.

I stayed in the pastor's house. His wife is close to me since she was my outreach in Manila and I was a sponsor at their wedding. We prayed and read the bible every night. We sought God's guidance to be able to understand God's message for us each day. Each day we prayed, I felt good and I thought I was pleasing God in all my actions. Until one day, when the pastor and his wife left the house, I was moved to clean their house.

I did my best and I encountered a very heavy table that I could hardly move. I made every effort to move it, until finally I was able to. When I looked behind it, it was full of dust and cobwebs. In my mind, i decided that there was no need to clean it since they obviously never touched it anyway and would not notice. I tried to push it back into place,but I could hardly move it. I began to regret moving it in the first place. I rested for a moment and then tried again: in my mind, I said,"anyway they will never notice that this place is dirty".

I heard a small voice telling me, "What is it that they will not notice?" I answered, "this corner". Then the Lord said to me, "Just do it my child, I Am looking". My conscience was talking to me my God dwelling within me. I felt guilty and I cleaned it thoroughly. And I said, "is this good enough for you, Lord?"

I came to understand that there is nothing that we can hide from God, not even the smallest detail. He is there watching us, He knows what is in the deepest core of our minds and hearts. Where can we hide from Him?
I hid from God for so many years, but He always found me. Now that I have said yes to Him, I might as well obey Him in the smallest details; although I can not do it on my own, I still need Him to give me the strength to please Him.

I prayed, "Lord, give me the strength to obey you in the simplest details, so that I may please you"

No comments: