Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What is Wisdom ?


A friend came to me once and asked me, "Can we ask God what wisdom is?".

This friend of mine is a person who was so ‘vocal’ about everything; she belongs to a born again group. Every time she met somebody with a different faith than hers, she will boldly correct them and fight with them regarding faith.
.
Correcting her would be the end of our friendship, she kept on telling me not to conform.The way she presented her knowledge about her faith was so antagonizing to people.

The question she asked, gave me the opportunity to really understand what God thought of her attitude. In my silence, I asked God what is wisdom for her. I received in my heart the meaning of wisdom for her, and God answered, "To her my child, wisdom is to curtail her tongue".

God is love and He is a God of order and a God of reconciliation and not division. The manner in which she was presenting God to others is not reconciling anyone to God but causing them to reject Him. I told her the meaning of wisdom for her as God told me. The answer to her question made her realize that she was not doing God any favours. That changed her, she became sweeter and learned to watch her words and started to respect other people.
.
This question moved me to ask Him too. He answered me in a very sweet gentle voice, "My child, wisdom is My thoughts". I know that but, how can I have it? I went deeper in His word, it says there, anything you asked in Jesus name, the Father will give. So, that is the key to receiving God's wisdom.
.
His words are so simple, and very direct. I cling to this every time that people come to me for counseling. and I am truly so happy serving Him in the Spirit of wisdom, because, I see people healed without me making any effort. God is love and He loves His people; it is His desire for us to be healed and reconciled. Wisdom is our daily living, our breath, our strength, and needed every moment of our life.
.
I used to be afraid to counsel or even to pray for healing, now, I am no longer afraid. I know, and I know in my heart, that this is not my work but God's. All I have to do is to surrender to him my own wisdom and pray for the anointing of His wisdom to do His work. I bless the Lord for giving me His wisdom when somebody needs it.
.
My prayer for wisdom. “Cleanse me O Lord, from all unrighteousness so that wisdom may dwell in my heart, to be given to your people who need You through me. May Your word be my word, that would lead them to receive You and to receive healing, physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually . Amen."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Wisdom is having the mind of God."

I have often wondered what is in the mind of God? What is He thinking of? How does He think? What does He think of me? Do I please Him?

I would love to have a mind like God's. If I think like Him -- then I would probably only have positive and good things in my mind. No worries, no fears, no anxieties.

If i had a mind like God's, then I would only think of good things about others. I would not be quick to judge. I would accept the weaknesses of man and highlight their strengths. I would be a positive and cheerful person.

If I had a mind like God's, then my words would follow my thoughts. I would only utter kind and encouraging words to others. I would not be quick to swear, nor quick to criticize.

If I had a mind like God's, then my actions would follow my thoughts. I would be generous and forgiving- truthful and loyal. I would listen to others and respect them. I would practice self control and I would be courageous.

Oh how good it is to have a mind like God's! How good it is to be wise!

But I know that I cannot summon wisdom in myself. Wisdom is God's gift. It is only the Lord who can bestow wisdom.

Today Lord I pray that I would have a mind like yours. I ask for your wisdom to guide me in my daily life - to help me become the person you want me to be. Transform my thoughts and make them holy -- that they may influence my words and my actions --- so that truly Lord, I may be pleasing to you. Amen.