Saturday, March 22, 2008

I am not an Angel of death..... I am a story teller


I was asked by a friend to visit a very sick friend of his in the hospital. I obliged and met a middle aged lady who was suffering from breast cancer (stage 4), which had already metastasized and spread to the bones. The pain was so great that even morphine had little effect.
.
She looked at me and said, "I asked for you because I wanted you to pray for me to die, because I can not stand the pain anymore, please help me die". I stared at her and I said, "I am not an angel of death, nor am I a healer; I am a story teller".
.
In my pocket I had a piece of cotton wool soaked in holy oil wrapped in a little plastic bag. I rubbed it on her body while I was telling her a story of a Man who died for her, a Man who purchased her with His Blood. A Man whose sacrifice meant she could have eternal life.
.
I told her the story from the Bible (Matt 25 31-46) that when we are called to His kingdom He will ask her a question, a question she was not be able to answer, "if He asked you what you have done for Him, what is your answer"? She was so silent and then she cried, telling me that she could not think of anything that she had done for Him. So, I told her to beg God to give her more time so as to be able to answer Him when the time comes for Him to ask her that question.
.
I laid my hands over her heart and we prayed, together with her family and visitors. After a few moments, I left.
.
Four days after that visit, I received a phone call. The lady said that during the time that I was rubbing her body with the holy oil and telling her a story, all the pain left her. The doctor insisted that she take morphine, because the pain at that stage ought to be unbearable. The doctor could not believe that she had no pain and summoned a nurse to convince her.
.
Instead, the lady asked them for solid food, (previously she could not eat anything solid). Since then she has had no more pain. She asked to be prayed over again, but I suggested that she pray in thanksgiving instead and to be honest and sincere in fulfilling her pledge to do something for the Lord. Then she prayed intently.
.
A few days later, my friend called me, and he said that the lady had left the hospital and felt well again. I went to God to praise and thank Him for the opportunity to serve Him.
.
My prayer. Lord, thank you very much for the opportunity you have given me to proclaim your kingdom here on earth. You made me a witness of you power and glory. I introduced Your wonderful name and Your works, and it produced healing, not only physically but also spiritually. Give me the enthusiasm to tell your stories with passion so that Your people may receive You and be healed. This I pray in Jesus name. Amen

1 comment:

jOolian said...

beautiful story...epic, profound...and, i too have experienced almost instant miracles as this... thank you for this eye-opening and soul illuminating reminder...!... of my true beliefs…. And to always give thanks to my creator…
i truly feel moved.
thank you and bless you.
~julian